When you’re anxious for prolonged periods of time it can have a devastating impact on you physically.
Your adrenaline levels skyrocket, you get no restful sleep, and your immune system shuts down.
All of this can lead to you experiencing an almost endless series of unpleasant symptoms.
Anxiety can cause just about any symptom you can imagine. Some of them are annoying and some of them are terrifying.
During my time with anxiety I experienced dozens of symptoms. Some of them lasted for months at a time and convinced me I had a horrible disease.
The only thing that ever helped me to deal with my anxiety symptoms was learning more about them.
Finding out why my anxiety caused a particular symptom would reassure me that I didn’t have a serious medical problem, and it would also help me find ways to ease the symptom or even to stop it altogether.
Since learning more about my anxiety symptoms helped me so much, I wanted to create a resource that would help other people who are going through the same thing.
That’s what this post is.
Below, you’ll find links to posts I’ve written on each symptom your anxiety might cause you. Each post will explain why your anxiety causes a particular symptom and what you can do to make it stop.
I add new symptoms to the list below all the time, so please check back often or bookmark this page.
If you have a symptom that I haven’t covered then please contact me here and let me know and I’ll see what I can do.
- headaches - pain, throbbing, or tenderness anywhere in your head
- palpitations - fast, erratic, or strong sensations of your own heartbeat anywhere around your body
- dizziness - feelings of dizziness, unsteadiness, or disorientation
- sweating - uncontrollable and undesirable sweating in any area of your body
- nausea - feelings that you might throw up or that your stomach is delicate or unsettled
- throat problems - soreness, dryness, burning, and tenderness in and around your throat
- numbness and tingling - numbness, tingling, and even burning sensations anywhere in your body, especially your hands, feet, and face